Now, that is one heading I really wanted to write a post with… but Indian team’s performance in the Super8 let me down.
Nevertheless, the Indian team in Women’s T20 WC has given me this chance… 🙂
If you were busy following the men’s tournament and did not get a chance to check out what was happening in Women’s T20, here is an update.
Indian Women’s Team defeated Pakistan and Sri Lanka in their group matches to reach to the Semifinal stage. The other three teams that qualify for the Semi finals are England, New Zealand and Australia.
A Quick Re-cap
Indian Women’s Team was placed in Group B along with England, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- England Women vs India Women at Taunton – Jun 11, 2009
- England Women won by 10 wickets (with 26 balls remaining)
- India Women 112/8 (20/20 ov); England Women 113/0 (15.4/20 ov)
- India Women vs Pakistan Women at Taunton – Jun 13, 2009
- India Women won by 5 wickets (with 14 balls remaining)
- Pakistan Women 75 (19.5/20 ov); India Women 78/5 (17.4/20 ov)
- India Women v Sri Lanka Women at Taunton – Jun 15, 2009
- India Women won by 5 wickets (with 7 balls remaining)
- Sri Lanka Women 94/6 (18/18 ov); India Women 95/5 (16.5/18 ov)
Indian Women’s Team ended up second in their group after England (who won all the matches they played). India women now plays against New Zealand women, the unbeaten from group A, in the first Semi Final match on the 18th.
|Thu Jun 18||5:30 PM IST||1st Semi-Final
India Women vs New Zealand Women
|Fri Jun 19||5:30 PM IST||2nd Semi-Final
England Women vs Australia Women
The matches will be played on the same venue for Men’s Semifinal before their matches and will be telecasted live on TV.