This newly launched website is designed by Culture Mafia. It is more of an IPL-2 spoof, and that’s what makes it so much more fun.
M.A. Madhusudan, CEO, Virgin Mobile India says:
“The Indian Hatke League is all about interacting with the Indian youth and giving them a taste of some stimulating entertainment and sense of being part of a cricketing phenomenon in a HATKE way. For the Hatke champions, Virgin Mobile has some exciting prizes such as a Hyundai i20, Sony PSP and Virgin Mobile phones.”
- There will be over 20 day and night matches in this tournament.
- The user will have the option to play for any of the eight teams participating in IPL-2.
- Each team will have 11 players.
The Hatke Teams
- Kakke’s XI Punjab
- Delhi Dhinchaks
- Rajasthan Muchhads
- Mumbai Manoos
- Royal ChillMaadis Bangalore
- Deccan ChilliEaters
- Kolkata Tram Riders
- Chennai Super Muthus
Some Hatke team players
Characters are modeled and named after famous cricket personalities and icons, like:
- Sachim Martodkar
- Veeru Suhag
- Mike Lassi
- Hari Bhajji
- Lakshmipatni Maalaji
- Handdraw Shallowman
- Also Ziddu for his wise cracks
- And Inzoo for his guru gyaan!
Play the game
- Login at IndianHatkeLeague
- Register online for an account under the team of your choice
- Play the tournament for FREE!
- Play as many times as you want
- Submit your best score for each match individually
The player has an option to practice anytime by choosing the team they want to practice against and improve chances of winning during the tournament.
Win Awesome Prizes!
- Hyundai’s recently launched hatchback i20
- Sony’s video game console Play Station
- Virgin Mobile handsets
Prizes worth Rs 10 Lakh for Match Titles
- Man of the Series
- Most obsessed User
- Top 10 fastest Sixes
- Sixer of the Series
- Earn points for recommending a friend to the website that can be redeemed against Virgin Mobile connections for exciting merchandise
- Play and get special online retail offers on products purchased from Virgin Mobile India website.
- Download Indian Hatke League wallpapers, and interactive screen savers for free.
It also has come up with community and fan pages, for the teams, promoters and profiles of 50 key players, on social networking sites such as Orkut, Facebook, Twitter etc., for the Indian Hatke League. So don’t just keep sitting there. Register on the website to be a part of the tournament and win exciting prizes.