Virender Sehwag has always had a game suited for ODI Cricket more than Test but for some inexplicable reason he seems to play big innings in Test matches more so than ODIs.
Yesterday, Sehwag decided to do some catching up and not only with a fantastic hundred but a double hundred. He broke Tendulkar’s 200* which was the world record before.
Here is a infographic I made about Sehwag’s journey to the world record-breaking 219 runs.
Hopefully Sehwag takes this murderous form to Australia where India will play a test series starting 25th December 2011.
Recently the buzz in Cricket is all about Tendulkar who has scored the first double hundred in ODI cricket.
That is a world record and I started wondering how many world records does Tendulkar own.
Here is a compiled list of all records the great man owns…
- Most runs scored by a batsman in Test career: 14,692 runs.
- Most runs scored by a batsman in ODI career: 18,111 runs.
- Most centuries scored by in Test career: 51 hundreds.
- Most centuries scored in a ODI career: 48 hundreds.
- Most fifties in a Test career: 55
- Most fifties in a ODI career: 96
- Most fours hit in a Test career: 1781
- Most fours hit in a ODI career: 1927
- Most nineties in a ODI career: 18 (Just imagine if he had converted even half of them to 100s!)
- Most man of match awards in ODI career: 63
- Most man of the series awards in ODI career: 15
- Highest individual score in a ODI match: 200*
- First batsman to score 200 in a ODI match.
- Highest number of international centuries: 99
- Most test matches played by a cricketer: 177
What do you think of these records? Do you know of any more I missed? Do drop in your comments.